Search This Blog

My Typings (that's not on IDRlabs)

Disclaimer: The quotes shown here are not intended as standalone proofs (though a few of them are), but rather as extracted data from a specific context, such as an interview, from which we intuit a given function-attitude.


Morrisette: "I play with words linguistically like
they're paint."

Morrisette: "There was a time in my life, and
still an element of it now, where the only things
I wanted to do were things that scared me
[because in doing that] I felt alive, I felt like I
was transcending something, that I wasn't
stuck somewhere."

Morrisette: "Everything that happens is 
temporary for me."

The Atlantic: “Her verbosity [and] twee
wordplay [are] hard to resist. … She’s as
much of a storyteller on the record as she is a
performer, which is why that sense of
identifying with her angst … is so sharp.”
 


Waltz: "Whether it’s a job, a relationship,
even a hobby that you follow for your own
amusement: eventually, you get to the
point where perseverance is what’s
needed."

Waltz: "I don’t like improvisation. I am not
a writer and creating a script is a writer’s
job. … I wouldn’t like it if an author came
up and told me how I should play a scene.
… I am not very good at it!"

Waltz: "[I do acting because] it's my
profession, no different than it is for any
other profession.”

Waltz: "I try to follow the lead of the writer,
and the script ... and find what's in the
case at hand and not so much in the
generalization of, for example, the genre
or the actor's persona. I really make an
effort to stick to the individual character
because it serves a very specific purpose.
And without the specificity you have more
or less nothing."
 

Waltz: "I think it is absolutely ridiculous that actors go on their bonus 
DVD interviews and explain what they were doing. That’s not what an 
actor does. ... It’s completely counterproductive for an actor to talk about 
his part."

Waltz: "I don’t like talking about [my roles]. If you go into a restaurant 
and you have been served an exquisite meal, you don’t need to know 
how the chef felt, or when he chose the vegetables on the market. I
always feel a little like I would pull the rug out from under myself if I 
were to I speak about the background of my work."

Waltz: "When Jochen Rindt was racing ... I remember everything about 
his crash; I remember exactly where I was, all the details. I’m not
particularly into motor racing, but I am into the tyre changes, the pit
stops. It is the most incredible thing to watch. That’s perfect
co-ordination between people and all their motor senses, every
movement perfectly rehearsed. Each person is 100 per cent perfect and
then it’s ten people together! The efficiency is breathtaking. ... this is ten 
people doing something which takes effort, concentration, knowledge 
and practice. It’s like playing a musical instrument."

Waltz: "I have a less romantic and idealistic approach to acting."

Waltz: "[Dialogue in film] should be dealt with with equal attention and 
diligence [as the visuals], but sadly it isn’t. You only have to listen to
people talk on the street, unless they’re talking this gibberish that seems 
to be the main mode of communication now."


Norton: "It's everybody's duty [and] social
responsibility to ... not be unpleasant."

Norton: "It is weird when you see people
without the 'wanting to be liked' gene, like you
see something like Simon Cowell or Anne
Robinson who [are] just quite happy to be
loathed. It's a weird thing isn't it."


Allen: "I never really liked school ... I didn't
really like sort of authority, and I kind of felt
like I wanted to educate myself, really. I just
knew I was never gonna be at a job that
required me to have a degree."
 
Allen: “[I'm open] to any opportunities that
come my way."
 
Allen: "I definitely hope I'm touching a nerve,
because I think that's what I like to do, is to
get people thinking."

NY Time: "She [has this] kind of irresistible
frankness that has gotten her, time and
again, in trouble."
 
 


Plaza: "The only thing I don't like about [my
previous roles] is if it prevented me from doing
other things, and it has become a bit of a
challenge, because people are stupid and
afraid to take risks."

Plaza: "The most fun part [is] trying to really
find the truth in every moment so that you're
not making these wild leaps of logic."

Plaza: "You can't be fully prepared for 
something like [acting] because you don't
know how it's going to feel [until] you're
actually in the moment doing it. ... [You] just
[have] to kind of do it."

Plaza: "I never had a time in my life where I
thought 'I don’t know what I want to do'. It was
always me saying, 'I know what I want to do
and I want to do it now!'"
 
Harper's BAZAAR: "[She has a] straight-
talking attitude. ... She cuts through the
usual obsequiousness of what can be."
 

Plaza: "Scenes where I'm breaking down or having really crazy
stuff happening to me [are] hard. I've not had to have all of those
emotions coming out of me. I'm not a super emotional person."
 
Plaza: "I’m just in the moment at all times.”

Plaza: “I guess whatever my character has to say, I have to say. I mean
what are words anyway? They’re just words: ‘chair’, ‘lawn’, ‘fuck’!”

Clark Gregg: “She’s fearless, she does it in a way that’s so humiliating 
and so embarrassing and so completely brave that you can’t help but
love her. And as someone acting with her, can’t help but go there with 
her.”
 
 
 
Burr: "You have to be up here [in your head] and think logical, and not be in your heart."

Burr: "[Stand up is] like, This is what I’m doing now. ... I obviously learned from a bunch of masters, but it always flowed into me. When you find what you’re supposed to do there’s not a lot of thinking. It just is."

Burr: "Life is all about getting knocked down and learning how to come back up even harder. Not being stupid about it and keep running into the same wall the same way, you adjust and try to get over it."

Burr: "I feel like we live in this ridiculously over-sensitive time where people get offended over nothing."



Harding: “Honesty is the great essential.
It exalts the individual citizenship, and,
without honesty, no man deserves the
confidence of the people in private
pursuit or in public office.”

Steven J. Rubenzer: “[He was] usually
cheerful and pliable.”

Steven J. Rubenzer: “Harding always tried
to maintain a positive approach.”

Steven J. Rubenzer: “He was decidedly
not ‘contemplative, intellectual,
introspective, meditative, philosophical.’”

Steven J. Rubenzer: "Harding's enthusiasm
and optimism were his real assets as
president."


Steven J. Rubenzer: "Harding had great difficulty resisting
temptation and was not inhibited or restrained. Not liking to do
things alone, he very much enjoyed big parties, spending time
with people, and being part of a crowd. Definitely not known as
cold or distant, he welcomed close relationships and was warm
and self-disclosing. He was outgoing and friendly toward
strangers, 'casual, easygoing, informal, natural, relaxed,' and
made friends easily. Harding clearly saw himself as a lighthearted
person and very plainly showed it when he was happy. His
feelings showed in his facial and body language; his gestures
were adroit. He often felt very energetic and vigorous."

Steven J. Rubenzer: "Harding and Clinton ... were warm and
self-disclosing, outgoing, friendly to those they just met, and not
detached, secretive, or reserved. Each enjoyed being part of a
crowd and showed his emotions in his facial and body language.
Neither had a reputation for being distant or cold, nor was
'bashful, shy, timid.' They preferred to do things with others rather
than alone and made friends easily."

Steven J. Rubenzer: "Virtually nobody considered him cold or
calculating. Nor was he defensive or lacking in humor about his
faults. He empathized easily with others, believed most people
were honest and trustworthy, and assumed the best about those
he met."

Natasha Bedingfield

"As a performer ... you have to just be who you are."

"I want people to have fun. We need to let our hair down sometimes, because we get so serious."

"I enjoy the fact that you get to try different styles."

"I like clothes that are flattering on your figure - they can be designer stuff or not you know. It’s quite fun to mix the high street with vintage - maybe one designer item or something. ... You can finish up mixing and matching a lot with other things."
 
 

Scott: “I want to live big. I want to laugh big, I
 want to love big, I want life to know I was here 
… and somehow make a difference in the 
process.”

Scott: “Don't let your character change color
with your environment. Find out who you are
and let it stay its true color.”

Scott: “[I] want to live every moment to the
fullest.”

Scott: “Bubbly. Perky. Outgoing. That’s what
grownups always say about me.”


Scott: “I [always] wanted to be on the front lines. I wanted to be there, 
right in the middle of everything. You know, I’m the girl who loves to 
make grand entrances. I’ll always choose vibrant, bold colors over 
boring pastels and given a choice, I’d rather go somewhere than stay 
home. … Rather laugh than cry.”

Scott: “When it comes to having a relationship with God, I could sit here 
and tell you what to do and what to say and how to pray, but where will 
that get you if you just sit there? … Best thing I can tell you is, go after 
God. … Christianity is not a label, but a lifestyle, something that has to 
be lived from the inside out.”

Scott: “I hate cliques. I’m not into being labeled in any way. I don’t like 
wearing jeans that have somebody’s name on my back pocket. Forget 
Khakis and shirts with little emblems and sweatshirts with big fat names 
across the front.”

Scott: “I wanted to be a high-impact, make-a-difference, love-the-world-
and-turn-the-tide kind of Christian. Not a wimpy, polite, no big deal, 
politically-correct-and-don’t-make-waves kind of Christian.”


Dido: "I really feel things deeply and that’s 
why I write songs."

Dido: “I write based on how I see and feel
things ... It’s all about transferring how I see
 the world into a song."

Dido: "To me a song is just about the flow of
it, it just has to flow and me to never notice
in a way, it has to feel whole and real.”

The Guardian: "[Her parents were] angry at
her lack of self-discipline."


Dido: “[The way] sort of been the way I’ve been with everything in life [is]
if I’m not feeling like I want to put the music out, then I won’t put the
music out. Or if I’m not feeling the need to get up on stage, then I won’t
get up on stage.”

Dido: “People keep saying, ‘Why did you step away [from making
music]?' It didn’t really feel like that to me. I just write songs. ... I’ve
never made records until enough of it builds up and I feel like I’ve got
something to say."

Dido: "I [am] very clear on what [I] like, and what [I] don’t."

Dido: "Music had always been my personal thing, no one invaded
it, no one bothered me, it was absolutely mine. It was my escape.
Whenever anything was bugging me, I'd just go and play my
music and it made me happy. And there was something about
them giving me money for it that, to me, symbolised it being taken
away. I felt like I no longer had the thing that made my life worth
living."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gibson's type discussion

One point against Se dominant for Gibson is that he isn't very literal in his communication in the way an Se type wont to do, in fact, h...